2.11.2010

Long live McQueen

When a famous person dies, I usually feel sad for their death and their loved ones but then the moment passes by because there is never that connection. It wasn't until Alexander McQueen's death did I actually experience that remorse and difficult detachment you feel when something so great has been taken away. McQueen wasn't just another fashion designer that showcased his work during fashion week, he was in true essence that radical artist that is so hard to find nowadays in a sea of wannabes.

McQueen to me was the Mozart and the Beethoven of fashion. He truly used his talent and his ultimate creativity to create art that is sometimes so beautiful and so hard to comprehend, most people are usually bewildered. That never mattered to him though. To him, his art is what made him, it is what identified his true being.

As the man once famously said, "I am the pink sheep of my family". To me, he was the pink sheep of the fashion world. A talent that truly stood out from the rest and sometimes from the very best.

Here are some of my favorites from McQueen.
PHOTOGRAPHS COURTESY OF STYLE.COM





















Rest in Peace Alexander McQueen. May you find true bliss and solace wherever you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment