8.08.2010

Where did Classic Hollywood go?

I recently re-watched one of my favourite Audrey Hepburn movies of all time, Roman Holiday, and it made me think, What ever happened to that timeless beauty and style that the great Classic Hollywood era had?. I mean don't get me wrong, as I said in my previous blog entry, we still have the allure of movie stars like Marion Cotillard, but there is nothing comparable to the Hollywood sirens of the 1950s.









While Jersey Shore, The Simple Life and Keeping Up With The Kardashians are huge guilty pleasures of today's society and that of mine, have we fallen trap to the "fashion" statements that the women in these shows portray?







I am just hoping that one day we can slowly phase it out, and go back to the class that the likes of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and Marlene Dietrich graced our screens with.





No comments:

Post a Comment