7.16.2010

Marion Cotillard

I know Yves Saint Laurent's "Fashion Fades, but Style is Eternal is so cliche, but I truly believe in it. I think without that style, without our own unique sense of expression and adventure with our clothing, we run the risk of being, well, mundane. Each month, I find myself allured to all different kinds of women who express a style so incomparable, it's so hard to not notice them as an icon.

And it's not just because I recently watched Inception that I bring this up. I have noticed the classic style of Marion Cotillard for a long time now. She really did start to stand out most to me for her role in Nine, when she began to grace the red carpets more frequently and suddenly became our modern day Elizabeth Taylor; and not to mention the perfect title holder of Lady Dior.







Marion Cotillard is timeless classic beauty and has the grace of Hollywood starlets that only existed during the golden age. She's a style icon in 2010 but will continue to inspire many such as myself, that fake tans, big boobs and big hair don't make a woman beautiful, rather it is her elegance and class that trumps it all.





I leave you now with some of my favourite looks from Marion Cotillard:


At the 6th Marakkech International Film Festival


At the 2007 Cannes Film Festival


At the 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards in Ellie Saab (Fall 2009)


At the 2010 Critic's Choice Awards in Christian Dior (Spring 2010)


At the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala in Ellie Saab


At the 2009 Academy Awards in Christian Dior (Fall 2008 Couture)


At the 2008 Screen Actors Guild Awards in Nina Ricci (Spring 2008)

4 comments:

  1. Have you watched La Vie En Rose? She's really good it in it, but it is a very odd film. Some great songs, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually!! Actually loved that movie... but it could be coz I have an obsession with the French culture! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of her at the Marakkech International Film Festival - I really want to wear that dress! Now I just need a venue! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red dress. Any idea who designed it?

    ReplyDelete