7.15.2010

Inception - My Two Cents

No you don't have to turn away, I swear there are no spoilers in this entry.

Last night, I had the pleasure to go see the advance screening of Christopher Nolan's latest flick, Inception and all 148 minutes was worth it. It has really been a while since I've seen a movie where I sat at the edge of my seat the whole time, watching every move and every step of every character. It's the type of movie that keeps you guessing till the very last scene.

For those of you who have been living under a rock, Inception is a film that explores the simple human function of dreaming but at a whole other level. The film takes us in a world where people have the technology and the capability to enter each other's minds while they are dreaming even as far as using it to their advantage; in this case, stealing information from a person's subconscious. Nolan creates a world for us that seems so far out of reality yet convinces us at the same time that it can be possible. The whole movie is thought-provoking, intelligent and thrilling. The whole cast (including the superb talents of Leonardo Di Caprio, Marion Coutillard, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt) portrays the story so flawlessly that they let you believe that their world is real.

Also, ladies, if you're not a fan of thrillers or actions, but you're getting dragged to go see the movie, (although I don't know why anyone would feel they are dragged to go see this) Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not the little boy from Angels in the Outfield anymore. He is 007 smooth and Details cover worthy.











Follow JGL on Twitter: @hitrecordjoe

But I digress... Anyway, highly recommended. I give it 5 stars out of 5. Everyone go see it when it comes out in theatres Friday. And for those eager beavers, I hear the midnight showing line-ups start at 11:00, you better leave now.

No comments:

Post a Comment