1.24.2010

Allan Gardens

Someone once told me that the one thing they loved most about Toronto was the fact that although it is a metropolis of ever growing condominiums, hotels and corporate buildings, it also has a great amount of parks and conserved green spaces. I can definitely attest to that. I'm pretty lucky enough to be living next door to both a park and a botanical garden/greenhouse even though I live in the heart of the city and at one of the busiest streets in the downtown core.



Located right on Carlton and Jarvis, at Allan Gardens Park, the Allan Gardens Conservatory is a greenhouse that houses plants from all over the world. The greenhouse has everything from tropical plants, such as palm trees and banana trees, to all different kinds of cacti. Admission is free to the garden and a perfect place to spend a couple of hours taking pictures. One of the main reasons I went was to test out my new camera and it definitely is a haven for photographers, both amateurs and professionals. If you're looking to escape the honking horns of the city or a great backdrop for your next photoshoot, Allan Gardens is a great place to go.

Here are some pictures I took during my visit:



























Until next time, good night and good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment