10.18.2009

Jimmy Choo for H&M

I've been wanting to blog about this ever since I saw ads plastered all over H&M for it. Well, today being Sunday window shop/shop day (my weekly ritual... what? At least I've reduced it to once a week, it used to be almost everyday), I saw it again and decided to check it out.

Many of you may have heard that Jimmy Choo is collaborating with H&M to bring a more affordable collection to the stores this November 14. As any fashion obsessed individual, I squealed to the thought of this. I've always been a fan of Mr. Choo and although his Fall 2009 is a bit of a safe bet even for Mr. Choo, with the exception of the Zebra print Jetson boot, any high end designer's collaboration to give the public a more affordable version is always a nice and exciting gesture.

With the lovely help of New York Fashion's website, I got a little sneak preview of the line and I must say, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. And I know it's supposed to cater to a general public, I still find the line a little bit mediocre and very far from what I expected. While there are plenty of pieces that stand out, like a fringed long sleeves suede black number and studded zebra flats (mimicking his Jetson boot), I found the line to be a bit "it's been done before". I guess I can't help and compare it to Anna Sui's Gossip Girl inspired line for Target. Sui stuck to her staple signature of patterns and made it work for affordable yet different and still unique and I thrive off uniqueness with any designer.

Now don't get me wrong, I am most defintiely picking up a few pieces that I did like, including this fringe number.


Image Courtesy of New York Fashion.

However, that being said, I guess I had more Choo expectations with the line. Instead, it looks a lot like what I can find at Mango. Overall, with a few exceptional pieces, I give Jimmy Choo's H&M collection a 3 out of 5 stars.

Some more stand outs from the line:


Image Courtesy of New York Fashion.


Image Courtesy of New York Fashion.

Until my next adventure, good night and good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment