10.10.2009

Michael Bublé and Korean Grill House

Like most fans of Sinatra, Mencini and Fitzgerald, my parents and I have been huge fans of Michael Bublé ever since we heard his rendition of The Way You Look Tonight. The man's got the voice, the talent and that nice guy attitude that no matter how famous, rich or successful he is, he's probably someone that is hard to not like.

To my excitement, Bublé himself was coming to my new home to do a signing for his newly released album Crazy Love, at the Eaton Centre!

So today was the day and I headed off to see if I could get his CD signed, except to my disappointment (well mostly to my mom's, she kept texting every 5 seconds asking if I met him yet) and surprise (Although, I'm not sure why I was, I mean the man is a two time Grammy nominated artist and has sold 11 million copies of his albums... what was I expecting?), there was a line up that probably reached Ottawa at only 11 AM. I'm guessing the hard core fans planned their day around this and decided to camp out there, either way, I didn't get to meet him and I have a big, and I mean big hate of crowds, so I wasn't about to elbow my way to get a CD signed. However, the paparazzi that I am, I got a glimpse of him and decided that I am either going to marry him or he will be singing at my wedding.


The man making his entrance.


My Paparazzi pictures. He is so good looking in person.


And this my friends, was the amount of people that was there for the signing.


So instead, I watched from afar, like the creep that I am. Maybe another day, I will get to shake his hand. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

After Bublé mania, I met up with my good friend Kim and her friend for some Korean food at the Korean Grill House on Queen street. Let me just tell you about this place, not only is it a fun dining experience but the food is absolutely delicious. Korean Grill House is like those hot pot places where you literally have a grill in front of you and you cook your own food. We had the all you can eat special, which comes with different types of meat (lamb, chicken, beef, shrimp, salmon... you name it!) plus endless amounts of rice and side dishes such as tofu, spicy potatoes and bean sprouts. So not only is this place delicious, it's cheap, cheap, cheap!


There's the grill and your meats...


then you cook!


Rice, Tofu and Bean Sprouts.


Me enjoying a great meal!

I would definitely recommend Korean Grill House for anyone looking to have a cheap, fun, interactive, great food and great dining experience in the city. Just make sure your food is completely cooked (the waiters/waitresses actually tell you this, in case of lawsuits I'm guessing), unless you want salmonella. And, if you're planning to go to a celebrity signing, make sure you line up at the break of dawn, only if you really are a true dedicated fan though.

Until my next adventure, good night and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment